St. Peter’s CofE Primary School Governing Board
Chair: Ann Nicholl
Vice Chair: John Hafseth
The constitution of the governing board is:
- 2 x parent governors, formally elected through a ballot of parents unless the election is uncontested
- 2 x co-opted governors, nominated and appointed by the governing board
- 1 staff governor, formally elected by staff employed at school
- 7 x foundation governors, appointed by the foundation (usually for church schools or trusts)
The governing board operates with the following committees:
- Resources committee - responsible for staffing including the appointment and role of the SENCO, equality and diversity, finance, property management, health and safety and nutritional standards. Committee chair: Steve Bates
- Pupil & Curriculum Committee - responsible for teaching and learning matters including target setting, standards and achievement, SEN (including reporting annually on the success of the SEN policy), monitoring teaching and learning and curriculum provision and ensuring that the governing board is represented at school improvement discussions. Also covers behaviour, safeguarding, attendance, children’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development, children, parent and staff voice, extra-curricular activities, cluster and other partnerships. Committee chair: John Hafseth
- Pay Review committee – responsible for ensuring the implementation of the school Pay Policy and Teacher Appraisal Policy.
- Pay Appeal committee – responsible for hearing pay appeals and ensuring a fair and proper process has been followed.
Governor Away Day
Every year we meet as a governing body for our annual away day. This is to review our work from the last academic year and plan our priorities for the coming year. Our meeting this year was very informative and inspiring, allowing governors to work together to look at their impact and share thoughts for the coming year.
CLICK HERE TO SEE OUR GOVERNING BODY MEETING ATTENDANCE LOG 2022/23
Following our last OfSTED inspection, our Governors have worked very hard to achieve the Governor Mark accreditation. Governor Mark is a national award which provides external evaluation of the quality of governance in a school.