If you are on Benefits or have a low income, your child may be entitled to Free School Meals. Check the list below and if you are receiving any one of these Benefits you qualify. It is very important that even if your child is in Reception or Years 1 or 2 and in receipt of Infant Free School Meals, that you still apply for Free School Meals.
- Income Support
- Income Based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income Related Employment & Support Allowance
- Child Tax Credit with an annual income of less than £16,190 (providing you are not receiving Working Tax Credit)
- The ‘Guaranteed’ element of the State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI if the Immigration and Assylum Act 1999
NB. Those receiving Working Tax Credit, regardless of income, do not qualify.
If you think you qualify, please call in to the school office and we shall tell you what do next. Alternatively, call the Leeds Revenue and Benefits Service on 0113 224 4404.
If your child qualifies for free school meals, the school receives Pupil Premium - more money into our school budget, which directly benefits the children. Although all meals in Key Stage 1 are free, we still need to know if families qualify.